Thursday, January 21, 2010

If ...

2 Chronicles 7:14 begins with a little word, if. Yet it is such a large word. The movement of God hinges on this word "if". This verse goes on to say
"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

At Experience Life we are believing God for a big vision this year. We are asking that we could be part of 1000 people coming to know Christ for the first time. We are believing God for many to be touched in 2010. This vision for 2010 hinges on "If".

Monday nights is a big part of that if. We are attempting to humble ourselves, pray, seek Gods face and turn from our wicked ways. We are seeing that as we seek Him, He is found. We spend time on Monday nights in worship and prayer and are impacted by a real presence of God that meets us in that place. Our second Monday of the month was standing room only in our prayer room. We are beginning to ask God what next. Where do we put these people who have come to pray and seek Your face ? What a great challenge to have.

We got to hear a little from Greg Lavo tonight as he shared about answered prayer and opportunities he had to share the gospel on his trip to China recently.

We spent dedicated time with people leading us in praying for our Vision 2010 which Chris shared the previous weekend. One specific prayer caught my attention as we were praying for God to encounter His people with His power. We prayed for new commitments, new members, baptisms, our prayer gathering, new lifehouses (small groups) and new life transformation groups.

During our prayer ministry time we prayed for one of our hight school groups and for anyone who had a need that night.

It seems we are pursuing the "If" of 2 Chronicles 7:14. God continue to grow us in pursuing you. We understand that pride increases as prayer decreases because prayer makes us aware of our need of You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 10 Service

First Time Commitments 4

Unique Comments

a visitor from Alabama that visits here about every 3 months to see her grandkids wrote this...
"Very blessed to hear your Vision! I am telling my prayer group in Alabama to agree with you!"

It has taken me 5 years to find a church home outside of my home town. Because of the love God has shown me at Experience Life, I haven't missed in 2 months! I can't wait to see all the blessings in 2010. Thank you for this!

Last Sunday, I had someone from your prayer group pray with me. It was for a new life without guilt and fear. For the last year I had been abused mentally and physically by a man. On Nov. 12, 2009 he got sentenced to 20 years. ** Ever since last Sunday, I feel so relieved and feel like nothing can weigh me down!**

No comments:

Post a Comment